Neutrons Job Posting - Diffraction Instrument Scientist
The Budapest Neutron Centre Management invites applications for a Diffraction Instrument Scientist position for the MTEST neutron diffractometer.
Institution: Centre for Energy Research (location: Konkoly-Thege Miklós Street 29-33., 1121 Budapest, Hungary)
Employment: Full time for a period of one year with options of further extension and tenure.
Major duties and responsibilities:
In this position you will: Operate the MTEST neutron diffraction user instrument of BNC - perform experiments and data reduction and participate in interpretation of the results
Engage in the development of new technologies (e.g., detectors, neutron optics and sample environments) and methods (e.g. data analysis algorithms) to improve and expand the capabilities of the instruments.
You will conduct independent high-quality research program: publish scientific papers, present scientific results at national and international conferences, maintain strong commitment to implementation and perpetuation of scientific values and ethics
Ensure collaborative work environment for users, staff, postdocs, and students and develop collaborations to contribute to the scientific goals of BNC.
- PhD (optionally MSc) in physics, chemistry, biology, materials science or a closely related discipline
- interest in experimental and developmental work
- precision - independent work and teamwork skills
- good command of English
- existing own field of research in neutron/X-ray diffraction
- experience in diffraction and crystallograph
- experience in diffraction data processing (Rietveld, Reverse Monte Carlo)
- experience with instrument control
- experience with the Linux operating system
- knowledge of programming languages (like C++, Python, Bash)
- knowledge of Hungarian language
Payment: Based on the qualification of the applicant.
Data to be submitted: Phone number, CV, copy of certificates of the relevant qualifications, letter(s) of recommendation if any, cover letter.
Deadline: The position will remain open until filled, but at least until 20 September. Deadline for evaluation: 21 September 2020
Earliest possible starting date: 1 October 2020
Should you need further information on the job application, please contact:
Zoltán Dudás, phone: +36 1 392-2222 ext.1849, Email: dudas.zoltan'at'energia.mta.hu