Terms of Reference
Beam time by BNC is provided free of charge if the following conditions apply:
- - The acquired results are published in a peer reviewed journal with due reference to BNC (see below).
- - The Experimental Report on the performed experiment is submitted in due time (within 3 months following the experiment).
- - The principal investigator seeks explicite consent of the local contact before submission of the manuscript and the BNC local contact becomes co-author of any
publications containing results of the experiment.
- - The used BNC instruments get properly referenced in the publication similar to: “This work is based on experiments performed at the [instrument name]
instrument operated by [xy] at the Budapest Neutron Center (BNC), Budapest, Hungary.” (xx being one of the following institutions: Wigner RCP / Center for
Energy Research). The DOI of the article to refer to in the publication is available at the instrument's web page at www.bnc.hu/instruments. Furthermore,
- - if financial support has been granted to the experimenters, this fact has also got to be acknowledged in the respective publications.
- - The Scientific Data Policy of BNC is obeyed.
- - The user gives permission to the User Office of BNC to handle the personal data and email addresses, respecting the GDPR policy.
The above Terms of Reference do not apply for paid proprietary research, the terms of which should be negotiated with the User Office.